Online Photo Process - What is you opinion?
I've been printing some photos, photo cards and photobooks via online photo processors and local photo developers. And I would love to get your opinion. Please help...
So far, these are my reviews:
- Shutterfly.com: 5 out of 5
(Based on color.) - Snapfish.com: 4 out of 5
- Photoworks.com: 1 out of 5
(When they first started printing photobooks and photo cards, they were wonderful, and the last batch of photobooks and photo cards that I've received have been horrible due to resolution quality.) - Scrapbookpictures.com: 4 out of 5
(I haven't used them in a long time.) - Local Wolf Camera: 1 out of 5
(I've sent them two sets of prints and they both came back with unrealistic coloring compared to the same photos printed by Shutterfly.) - Kolo.com: unknown
- TogetherBook.com: unknown
Please give me your input, I would be so thankful!
11 comments:
I've seen hard cover books from www.blurb.com and they are really nice. There's even an option for high-end quality paper. But I'm most impressed by their matte hardcover, full bleed bound books.
I haven't printed from any of these listed except Photoworks (mousepad and mug and bookmark), but was going to start printing from photoworks...so i'm glad you posted this...I'm interested in what other say...I will link this on the blog. :)
For the past few years I've been using Snapfish and I'm pretty happy with them, although I'm also not overly picky when it comes to coloring, etc. They're convenient, cheap, and shipping is pretty fast.
I used to use Winkflash, but had trouble with my pics being too dark so I switched to Snapfish, but that's been several years ago now, and I've heard good things about Winkflash since then.
I did a detailed review in 2004, but I'm embarrassed to say I haven't re-checked since then!
Here's the review article:
http://www.scrapjazz.com/topics/Photography/Photo_Developing/280.php
I use Snapfish, but rather than pay for shipping, I pick them up at Walgreen's. I hope that makes sense.
I have used Shutterfly and LOVE it. I printed a photobook and it turned out great. 5 out of 5 from me.
I have used snapfish for several years now and it has a very high rating with consumer reports also. They are great and have the best price of anyone.
Totally recommend Snapfish. I ordered a photo book for my MIL for Christmas when Oprah offered the free book. I loved it. The pictures were great and shipping was fast even though they had a landslide of orders.
I use Snapfish and Shutterfly. I have found it easier to upload to Snapfish lately than Shutterfly, but both send me lots of good specials and free stuff occasionally.
I use scrapbookpictures.com and have always been happy with them! I love the matte paper that they have and their attention to color and details.
I don't have too much experience in this. I use Shutterfly to edit pictures once in a while, and then I've used them to set up collages. I usually upload everything to Walmart or Walgreens. I hate to wait for my pictures to be shipped and usually end up uploading photos that I need to get on a project or in an album quickly and just don't want to wait. I can say that Walmart's photos are very glossy and Walgreens just look better to me. Their larger prints cost more though, so if I need bigger than 4x6, it's back to Walmart. Walgreens also does pretty good offers (right now you can get 50 4x6's for $5)!!
I used to only use Wolf Camera - their picture quality is great and they had a drive through, so that was super convenient. Cost wasn't too bad (we had a frequent buyer membership).
Then, about a year ago I got a deal from Shutterfly and tried them. Now I only use Shutterfly and love them. Love that they mail them (I wait until I have a free shipping deal). I also have a membership (if that's that you call it) and I've done 2 free books and LOVE them too!
Post a Comment